COVID UPDATE 18-06-20
We are pleased to announce the practice will reopen on Monday 22nd June as per Scottish Government guidelines.
However, we are only open for the treatment of URGENT DENTAL EMERGENCIES.
We are only able to see urgent dental issues, therefore, the triage system we have used over the past 12 weeks will remain. Instead of being referred to a dental care centre, the majority of patients will be seen in the practice.
We are restricted by government to open one surgery (of our 6), to see a maximum of 10 patients per day.
If you have previously called us with a non-urgent issue and need an appointment, we are very sorry but we can not see you during this phase.
Unfortunately, we are still not allowed to use our drills for any procedures. This is due to the perceived high risk of Covid-19 transmission through means of an aerosol.
If during your appointment, or through our triage service, it becomes evident that you require a procedure involving a drill, you will be referred to your nearest Urgent Dental-Care Centre; (Dundee Dental Hospital (Dundee), Springfield (Arbroath) or Broxden (Perth).
As you know, we have been getting the practice ready for re-opening and have now completed government and NHS health board risk assessments in line with the current issued guidance.
For this reason, you will notice a few visual changes upon return.
- The practice door will be closed and locked.
- Only patients who have been triaged and given an
appointment over the phone will be permitted entry into the practice at their scheduled time.
- Please do not attend without an appointment; you will not be allowed to enter.
- Please arrive at the given time of your appointment.
- Please attend the practice alone unless an accompanying person (parent, carer or comforter) is essential.
- When you do attend for your given appointment you will be met at the door by one of our nurses, who will be wearing full PPE. They will help you along with any in-house instructions to follow to keep all our patients and staff safe.
- There will be no access to the toilet at the practice.
- Please avoid bringing personal belongings, where possible.
- we will only have 1 dentist working per day which unfortunately means you may not be able to see your own dentist.
- Payment will not be required.
We hope that as the virus is further contained we will be permitted to provide a wider range of treatment and increase our capacity; however, this is under the control of the Scottish Government.
In the meantime, we are still here for you. If you have a dental emergency or are in need of advice please call us on 01307 462825 and follow the instructions.
Thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this difficult period.
Peter, Jenny and the entire team at CSD